Here is a great instructional video on how to prepare pulled goose sandwiches from the geese that you harvest from your hunts. This scene is from Season 8 episode 4 of The Fowl Life.
Ingredients for pulled goose sandwiches
- 2 Canada goose breast filets
- 1 gallon real 100% apple cider
- 1 6 count package onion buns
- 6 cheddar cheese slices
- 1 40 oz bottle honey BBQ sauce
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 24 oz jar dill pickle slices
Serves 4-6 people
- Boil goose breast in big pot for 20 minutes exactly
- Clean off goose breasts as you remove from boiling water
- Bring apple cider to low heat in a crock pot
- Place goose breast in Apple cider and cook in crock pot on LOW for 7 hours.
- After the 7 hours is up, place crock pot on HIGH for one additional hour (total cook time is 8 hours)
- Remove goose breasts from crock pot and place on cutting board. Pull meat apart with two forks.
- Rinse any additional cider from crock pot and then place shredded goose meat into crock pot and add two bottles of honey BBQ sauce, garlic salt, black pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Serve on onion bun and add cheese and pickles. Also add green onion if desired.
- Serve with baked beans and coleslaw.
Simple and awesome!! Enjoy!