The Fowl Life team returns to camp with a limit of mallards to cook up in a delicious Duck Fried Rice dish. For the full recipe see below. Clip from Season 8 episode 3 Oh Canada Pt1.
- 6-8 Mallard breast fillets
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 whole limes
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 oz of fresh or frozen vegetables (corn, carrots, green bell pepper, green beans)
- ½ cup pineapple
- ½ cup water chestnuts
- 32 oz jasmine rice
- 12 oz chili sauce
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
Serves 4-6 people
- Steam jasmine rice (amount depends on number being served)
- In a wok or large frying pan, bring olive oil to high heat
- Add all vegetables, white onion, and diced up garlic
- Add teriyaki and soy sauce and little chili sauce
- Add duck meat and cook with already cooked vegetables on high heat for 2 minutes. Add water chestnuts.
- Add more teriyaki and soy sauce upon preference
- Add seasoning salts and pepper
- Squeeze lemon and lime juice into meat and vegetables.
- Add steamed rice into wok and stir into meat and vegetables. Add more soy sauce and cook in rice in high heat.
- Keep stirring all ingredients together and cook for 3-4 minutes until meat is at medium rare.
- Serve in large bowl and add pineapple at stir in.
- Add additional chili sauce as desired per serving plate.
- Serve with egg rolls and wontons.